CULIACÁN._ Given the high temperatures that occur in Sinaloa the Secretary of Public Education and Culture of the State determined the suspension of outdoor sports activities in educational establishments of all levels.
The Sepyc indicated that recess or school breaks will not be brought forward, nor will they be suspended for the moment; but this issue will be evaluated over the course of days, according to the change in temperature.
“Considering the high temperatures that are occurring in the state of Sinaloa, we have made the decision to temporarily suspend outdoor physical sports activities. Regarding school breaks or recesses, there is no determination to cancel them, nor to move the schedule, it is an issue that we will continue to monitor and as we carry out the temperature assessments, decisions can be made on this issue and on others,” he pointed out. Graciela Domínguez Nava, head of the Sepyc.
On Tuesday, student day, 11 students from a Villa Unión high school carried out outdoor activities and suffered symptoms of heat stroke, for which they were taken to the IMSS Well-being of that union in Mazatlán.
The Secretary of Education issued a series of preventive measures inside and outside the school campus:
1. In case of doing exercise routines indoors, try to do it in ventilated spaces.
2. Ensure that the students stay hydrated, preferably drinking purified water.
3. Limit drinks with high sugar content, opting for natural juices.
4. When going out, use sunscreen, a cap or hat, sunglasses, and an umbrella.
5. Avoid exposing yourself to the sun for prolonged periods.
6. Try to stay in cool, shady and well-ventilated places.
7. Wear light colored clothing.
8. In general, be alert for symptoms and, in case of an emergency, call 911.
Source: from Noroeste Culiacán on 2023-05-25 18:52:27